G R A C I A R E S I D E N C Y
ABOUT OUR RESIDENCIES
Gracia hosts residents in a private home located in the outskirts of Antigua Guatemala.
Previous residents have included filmmakers, painters, photographers and others. Please read more about our residency and mission HERE.
You don’t need to be an artist or a creative person to apply – that language may appear but please let it be clearly known ANY person working or not working in ANY FIELD or profession or practice is ENCOURAGED to apply.
PROGRAM & SCHEDULE
The program is focused on your creative practice and all the ways it can manifest.
Residents work independently on proposed project or research.
Residents are also encouraged to do nothing, to rest, to not work. To read one book slowly. Or go into town everyday and explore. You may design this residency however you wish.
Gracia provides residents with general orientation to Guatemala, research assistance and guidance towards project development and local resources.
- A restful, comfortable and quiet space.
- Considerate of our residents needs. We are flexible and listening.
- Open to all beings from all races, all religions, all countries of origin, all sexual orientations, all genders, all abilities.
- Optional planning call one month prior to residency
- Housing with amenities and wifi
- Initial meeting and orientation to Antigua
- Assistance with research development, local introductions and navigation of the area
- Access to a private workspace in the residency house (fully furnished outdoor pergola with roof)
- Access to kitchen with cooking utilities + Optional breakfast toast with tea or coffee Monday - Friday
- Transportation to the residency house from Guatemala City airport upon arrival and departure